Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

How Much Tax on Rented Property

Tax Law

Antonio Flores Vila

24th of October 1999

Q. I want to rent out my Spanish property, and I live in the UK. Where should I pay tax on the income I derive?

Patrick McCormick

    A. If you live in the UK, then you are not resident in Spain for tax purposes. This means you are liable for Spanish non-resident income tax of 25% . This is declared once a year.
    The tax you pay is calculated on the gross benefit you obtain, without possible deduction, other than the income withheld by the letting company or real estate-agent when they pay you. Don´t forget you are now a business yourself, and therefore you will also have to add on 16% VAT to the rent, which shall be lodged with ?Hacienda? (Inland Revenue). Seek legal advice before you set up any business.

Featured Links: Apply for your Spanish NIE Number
© 1999-2024 Professional Ideas SL All Rigths Reserved - Copyright Notice    - Interesting Resources | Glossary | Terms of Use | Contact Information Contact Details    
Professional Ideas SL CIF: B92930627 - Tomo: 4505 - Libro 3414 - Folio 196 - Hoja MA-97033