Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Can I use my English will to leave timeshare?

Inheritance Law

Francisco Garcia Ramirez

21st of May 2001

Q. I own a timeshare. I want to leave it to my children in my English will. Can I do so? If not, what do I do?


    A. You can leave your timeshare to your children in your English will. However, the procedure to pass ownership on death is more complicated than if you do a straightforward Spanish will. For that purpose you need to hire a lawyer in the area where you own the timeshare and instruct him to draft a will to be signed before a Spanish Notary Public.

    This will ease the procedure of inheritance and you will considerably save in legal fees.

    Please see previous questions regarding this matter in the questions archive.

Featured Links: Apply for your Spanish NIE Number
© 1999-2024 Professional Ideas SL All Rigths Reserved - Copyright Notice    - Interesting Resources | Glossary | Terms of Use | Contact Information Contact Details    
Professional Ideas SL CIF: B92930627 - Tomo: 4505 - Libro 3414 - Folio 196 - Hoja MA-97033